WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL 

Minutes of the Extra-ordinary meeting of the Council which took place on Tuesday 28th March at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

 Present: Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior, Cllrs Mrs Bolton, Close, Kendall, Heaton, Mrs Hurdman, Lawley, Mrs Michael and Thomas

Minutes taken by Acting Clerk, Kathryn Hollinrake. Members of the public: 0

  1. Welcome
  1. Approval of Apologies for Absence – given and accepted from Cllr Mrs Bartlett and Cllr Shepherd
  1. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – agreed
  1. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none
  1. Declarations of Interest – none
  1. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
  1. Street Naming

The meeting agreed the following names, based on a theme of past contributors to village life:

BOYSE; DELANY; HAMILTON; OVERBURY; ANSLOW; PITT; PICKARD; ENSTONE; BRADLEY; ANDERTON; PAULET, with JONNY JOHNSON as a reserve/ possibility for the next phase of house naming.

Action: Inform SDC of the chosen names, in upper case to ensure no spelling errors; and ask SDC to confirm with the Council the list before the road names are finalised By: Office
Action: In preparation for subsequent new road names being required, review current list of suggested names, taking off those already used; and identify possible themes from which to devise new road names By: Cllr RB
Action: Inform SDC that Honey Suckle Lane has been misspelt and request corrective action By: Office 
  1.          Urgent Planning

1.

17/00713/TREE T1 Prunus – fell
At 28 Chapel Street For Mr Bates
Case Officer Assistant Planner By 30 March 2017

The Council objected on the basis that no reason was given for felling of the tree, in a conservation area.

2.

17/00608/FUL Proposed single storey garage extension to front
At 16 Redhill Close For Mr and Mrs Snelson
Case Officer Lindsey Young By 3 April 2017

No objections. Three abstentions, including Cllr DK.

3.

17/00329/FUL Full application for 2 replacement dwellings and change of use of land to form

additional garden land

At Walton Hill Farm Cottages For Trustees of Walton Estate
Case Officer Alison Williers By Information only

Noted

4.

17/00734/FUL Demolition of existing barn, erection of dwelling and associated works (resubmission of

16/01684/FUL)

Fammington Court, Loxley Lane For Mr Mark Butler
Case Officer Ed Pigott By 11April 2017

The Council noted the improved design and supported the application.

  1. Cllr and Clerk exchange of information

 

Cllr Close raised concern about the removal, at the request of developers at Equity House, Orchard Court, of two damaged trees on Ettington Road.

Action: Contact SDC:

Question why the trees, itemised in the planning application, were not effectively protected in the building process, determine what action would be taken in future to protect trees during such building works; and request the six replacement trees be mature trees, a minimum of six feet tall

By: Clerk
Action: Inform SDC that the Council had no concerns regarding CCTV sight lines By: Clerk

 

Cllr CM requested that the Alzheimer’s Society be invited to a Council meeting to discuss Wellesbourne and Walton acquiring Dementia friendly community status.

Action: Invite Heidi Williams/Alzheimer Society to a Council meeting, after May 2017 By: Clerk

Cllr RB noted that the naming of Lowes Lane is confusing to visitors.

Action: Contact SDC to ask why WWPC was not consulted about the naming of Lowes Lane; and request

two separate names are given

By: Clerk

Cllr RB noted branches obstructing pathways by 12, Kineton Road; and by Caerleon on School Road.

Action: Inform home owners of obstruction to footways By: Office

Cllr RB advised that SDC would be reviewing the Code of Conduct for Councillors.

Cllr FH advised of 30 mph speed signs on Loxley Road; noted the continuing problems of Persimmon lorries damaging verges; and

Raised the question of market signs being left in situ inappropriately.

Action: Request Platt Markets remove market signage during the week in Wellesbourne and along the route By: Office
Action: Contact Industrial Park to request improved signage at the Loxley Road roundabout By: Office

Cllr RT queried why the planned bollards in Chestnut Square had not been erected.

Action: Investigate the lack of progress in erecting the bollards By: Cllr DC

Cllr BH noted that the end of Warwick Road, beyond Fountains Gardens, was overgrown with brambles.

Action: Send a further letter to Patch Byrne to request the area is cleared By : Office

Cllr EL and Cllr FH informed of a helpful meeting with Walton Hall to address coach access to the Hall.

Cllr AP updated the meeting on her progress with education on the school places issue. A meeting has been arranged for 14th April 2017 and will include Cllr Kendall.

  1. Date of next meeting 4th April 2017

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.30pm

Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior

Signed ………………………………….

 

Date ……………………………………..

Completed 28th March 2017